Have Your Say
This full day KS2 workshop provides pupils with all the skills they need to create their own campaign on an issue important to them. Your class will discover the key elements to a successful campaign and learn about historical campaigns in Barnsley such as the Women Against Pit Closures movement. They will then use the afternoon to develop their own campaign elements ready to launch back at school. Pupils will use real archival materials and museum displays to learn more about campaigns and inspire their own ideas.
During the day you will:
• Discuss and analyse what makes a campaign successful.
• Tour the Museum and Town Hall.
• Handle genuine archival materials.
• Create campaign materials to be used in the classroom.
Art and Design
• Pupils will research, discuss and debate topical issues, problems and events.
• Pupils will talk and write about their opinions, and explain their views, on issues that affect themselves and society.
• Pupils will be encouraged to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and society.
• Pupils will develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence.
• Pupils will learn about significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
• Pupils will improve their mastery of art and design techniques.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01226 774872 for more details or to book your visit.