Every day we learn from our visitors and strive to make our attractions the best they can be.
Please see our access vision
Our friendly team will always be on hand to welcome you to our venues and help you with any questions you may have about your visit. In the meantime, have a look at the information below to help you plan your day with us.
Museum visitor enquiries: 01226 772500
Visitors with mobility impairments
- There is level or step free access throughout the museum
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow for your visit, please ask at the front desk
- Lifts are available to floors 1, 2, and 3 of the Town Hall
- Seating is available throughout the Museum
- There is a Changing Places toilet available on the ground floor, and Accessible toilets throughout the building
Visitors with hearing impairments
- Portable hearing loops are available on the front desk on request
- All films are subtitled
Visitors with visual impairments
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of the building
Visitors with autism or learning disabilities
- Sensory backpacks including ear defenders, torches and fidget spinners are available - please ask at the reception desk
- We have social stories for each of our sites
We have audio descriptions of a selection objects from our collections.
Downloads and other resources
We have a 360 virtual tour of Experience Barnsley available