Brampton and Cortonwood
The Brampton branch opened in 1914 on Brampton Road, at the junction of West End Road to serve new housing.
It was later reported in the South Yorkshire Times on 24 January 1925 that a foundation stone was laid for the new Cortonwood branch. It was the 82nd branch to be constructed. New housing in the area had made the branch necessary according to Barnsley Co-op president Mr E. Tune. The store opened in April of the same year. Cortonwood branch had converted to self-service by 1970 and closed in 1974. It was situated on Knollbeck Lane in front of Cortonwood Infant School.
Former Brampton branch in 2022 (copyright: BMBC)
Foundation stone from the former Brampton branch in 2022 (copyright: BMBC)